Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Waiting for Liam...

Although we have been preparing for Liam's arrival for a while, the official countdown has begun! I have reached the point when my doctor will not stop my labor if he decides he is ready to come. Although he should cook for a little while longer, I would be happy to have him any day now!

I had my 36 week appointment today. My doctor still suspects that Liam is breech! I have an ultrasound on Friday to confirm his position. I am super excited to get to see him! If he is breech, my first step will be to go to the chiropractor. Based on the ultrasound results, we will discuss the option of having a version at my next appointment. However, today, my OB didn't seem to think I am a very good candidate to try a version. I have a lot working against me- I'm short, have had a c-section, and it seems like Liam is going to be a "good-sized" baby. My belly is measuring 38 weeks (2 weeks ahead). My OB was estimating that he weighs about 6 1/2 pounds right now, although she said that could be really inaccurate. Looks like he will definitely be bigger than his sister! Although, he is following in her breech baby footsteps.

So for now, I am trying some weird ideas I found online for turning a breech baby and I am preparing myself for the definite possibility of a repeat c-section. But until the day comes, I will just be hoping that he flips himself around! As long as he arrives safely, I don't care how he gets here.

Regardless, less than 4 weeks until we meet our darling boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment