Friday, July 23, 2010

Our first road trip

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted an update from the Wade fam! Oops.

Last weekend we survived our first road trip with Reagan! We went to Charlotte, NC for my friend Shannon's wedding. I was super nervous about the journey. I was really unsure how Reagan would behave in the car for an 8 hour trip. To my surprise, she was FABULOUS! I sat in the backseat with her. We had snacks, played toys, and watched DVDs. I was so proud of how well she did.

We got to Charlotte last Friday evening. Immediately after checking in we had to check out the pool. Reagan LOVED swimming. She is such a fish. She didn't want us to hold onto her at all. So on Saturday morning, we went to Walmart and bought a suit with floaties in it. Then she could swim by herself.

On Saturday night, we went to the wedding. It rained earlier in the day, which made the temperature more bearable! It was past dinner time and then past bedtime, but Reagan was such a trooper.

We had a wonderful trip! I can't say I am ready to travel with 2 kids, but I am definitely looking forward to our next little family vacation.

My friends from KSU and I at the reception.
Reagan's new suit. I love the sunscreen hair!!

Taking a swim break for some snacks.
Wearing mommy's sunglasses in the pool.

The Wade fam at the wedding reception. Reagan was so hot and tired; I was thankful we packed an emergency paci!
This picture should be first-- Reagan's first time getting in the pool with daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment