Monday, June 20, 2011

Its happening...

The big move is really happening! We are supposed to close on/before July 8th. Nic thinks we will close next Friday! We didn't sell our Kent house. Instead, we decided to rent it. I am still not sure how I feel about my new status as a landlord, but I am hoping it will work out alright. Our tenants signed a 1 year lease, so we are hoping that will buy us some time to decide what to do. And hopefully we won't lose 10s of thousands of dollars in the process!

When we had our new house inspected, the radon levels were high. So we had to have a mitigation system installed. Thankfully the seller paid for all of that. It was installed on Friday so I spent the whole day wandering around our new house and imagining calling it our home!

I took some interior pictures (before my camera batteries died) that I thought I would share with you.

Here is the foyer area. Looking at the pic, to the left is library and to the right is the dining room. There is a closet and 1/2 bath. Then it opens into the living room.

Dining room


This room is technically a library/den. We are going to use it as a toy room. I am going to get bins for all the toys on the bottom shelves and then use the high shelves for books. I think this is the room I am most excited for!


Here is part of the living room. The hallway you can see is where the kids bedrooms are. There is a full bath, linen closet, and another entrance to the toy room.

Other part of the living room.

The living room opens up to the kitchen. A REAL kitchen! A dishwasher, cupboard space, counters... wow! I guess I am excited for this too! As you can see, we have an island and a eating area. You can't see the sliding glass doors that open onto the awesome deck. But they are there.

A crappy pic of the master bath. Sorry, photography is not one of my skills. We have a garden tub with separate shower.


Master bedroom

Our walk-in closet! I looks like so much space. Give me a week, I'll fill it up! ;)


Obviously this is not everything, like I said, my camera batteries died. So you will have to imagine the kids bedrooms, laundry room, garage, etc. And sorry there are no exterior pictures! If you look at an older post, you can see the front of the house. As you can tell from the photos, nothing is painted! I am viewing it as a blank canvas and excited that we get to personalize it ourselves. Of course, it will take time and energy but it will be worth it! We have almost 2 acres of land that will be perfect for the dog, a garden, and playland of the babes.


I am so excited but still in awe that its actually happening. We were eating popsicles on the porch last week. Reagan said "I'm not going to live here anymore". It brought tears to my eyes! I have called Kent home for nearly a decade, it feels strange to leave. I am so ready for a new house, but I guess part of me will always be attached to this one. I am glad I will still be working in Kent because I am not ready to give it up entirely.


Nic has been bringing wine boxes home for packing... our garage looks like we robbed a liquor store! We have tons of packing to do! That is what I should be doing...



2 comments:

  1. It's HUGE! Do you get to keep that rug in the entry?? I like it. I had a toy room growing up. My mom loved closing the door, leaving me in there, and taking a mommy time out. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for you. But definitely not even a wee bit jealous of the whole moving process you're about to go through :) I can't wait to come visit you guys there for a play date and enjoy all your room some time!

    ReplyDelete